Friday, May 21, 2010

Snails!!!

Our first morning in CA, we woke up to fog. At least it looked like just fog, but when we walked outside it was "misting" (for lack of a better word). It was just wet. My curls came alive with new purpose! I've never seen weather like it!
Then we found we had some new pets outside our front door. Snails!! The kids were in heaven!

We convinced the kids that we couldn't keep the snails, but they sure spent hours loving them. At one point I had a snail on my bathroom counter, and at another point they were all lined up on the floor just inside our door. Such excitement!!



3 comments:

Sophia C. said...

The summer will fly by! Cute pix!

Kim said...

I used to like playing with snails when I was little. That's cute that they loved them so much! Hey, I'm excited for you guys! California, huh? Be sure and share some of the warmth especially come February! Good luck with the settling in:)

The Burbank Family said...

I am glad they found something fun to do with little creatures. I would definitely be disinfecting counters if it was me.