Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Week In a Blur!

This week has gone by in a blur with so many things happening! My goal this week was to get a good head start on studying for finals. I didn't. At all. Oh well, I've still got awhile yet.



Tuesday we went to Karate. Tayson is doing great and learning tons.



Wednesday we had an issue with lying, which resulted in early bedtimes. I didn't mind at all! Shaun was up at school, so I had the evening to myself! HEAVEN!!!



Thursday we went the the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert! We picked up Tayson from school, sent Haylie with Grandma Dodge and drove down to Layton where we met Shaun's family for a yummy dinner at Famous Dave's. Tayson was a bit wound up and excited about the concert, so needless to say, we weren't on our best "restaurant" behavior, but oh well! Then we went and enjoyed the music! Such fun! I have three of their songs on my playlist, so if you've never heard their stuff, make sure to check it out! They are awesome! Then came the long drive home. By the time we wound our way through traffic and found the freeway again, Tayson was sound asleep!



Friday started good and ended even better. I got a phone call from Tayson's school saying that he was a "paw print" winner! Yes! That means he was on his best behaviour. That's always good news to a mom! Then we got Chinese food for dinner - our treat to ourselves after a crazy week! Then came the phone call....Shaun is being flown out for a job interview! Wow! His hard work is finally starting to pay off! Way to go, Babe! I'm proud of you! We still don't know where we will end up or what we will be doing, but we are definitely excited for a new chapter in life!



So...that's our week in a blur! Maybe things will settle down soon....but maybe not! :0)

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

flying out where? Can't wait to hear how it goes! I know I don't need to say this, but KEEP ME POSTED! Best of luck to Shawn!

Kim said...

Wow talk about a great week. Good luck to Shawn with the interview (and Carrie for being alone with the kids:) Sounds nerve racking, but incredibly exciting!