Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey Time!




Thanksgiving! We decided to make our own little turkey and eat at home this year. We invited Shaun's parents to come enjoy the day with us! Everything went perfect...except for maybe the turkey getting done in 2 1/2 hours instead of the estimated 4...and the yams almost burning...and my most favorite, Shaun dumping the banana cream pie all over the floor! BUT, I am thankful that the pie didn't hit the floor until after we were done eating what we wanted and were putting it away! And I'm thankful for the fact that I saved the yams and they were still delicious! And I'm thankful for the "warm" on the oven dial that kept our turkey hot until we were ready for it!




But, I'm most thankful for my little family and the time we got to spend together. For my hubby that helped me cook it all and didn't make me touch the raw turkey (YUCK!), and who loves me for me! For Tayson who drew me the best turkey picture ever, and still cuddles even though he's "too big" for it! (Is 6 years old too big???) For Haylie who kept saying "I'm a turkey! Gobble! Gobble!" all day long, and her sweet, mischievous spirit! And last, but not least, all my extended family that I got to visit with this weekend! I would be lost without my family!




There are so many other things that I am thankful for in my life! There isn't time to list them all! So, I'll end by saying how incredibly blessed I am, and always will be while surrounded by those I love most!




2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Sounds like a blast! Upsidedown pie an all! LOL! And I LOVE the picture of Tayson kissing Haylee! Oh my goodness, sweetness! So glad you all survived! Any word yet on Shawn's interview?

Carrie's Corner said...

Hey there! How was your Thanksgiving? I heard you were up visiting! That must have been nice for you! Do you like your new place? Neighborhood? Shaun will fly out on the 14th of Dec for the interview, so we'll see how it goes! Crazy! Keep in touch! Love ya!