Friday, January 2, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas!!





So, it's January 2nd and I'm just getting around to writing about Christmas! We have been so busy with Shaun at home and cleaning and putting toys away! But, I think I have found a minute to think back on Christmas...

On Christmas Eve we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Dodge's. We exchanged gifts, since we were going to be at Shaun's parents on Christmas. First we opened our "Christmas Eve presents". We all got jammies. Haylie's were Tinkerbell and Tayson's were dinosaurs....both zip ups! Then Tayson opened his presents from Grandma and Grandpa....Kung Fu Panda, and Jenga! Haylie got Tinkerbell (the movie) and a Tinkerbell toy! How fun! Shaun and I got Wii games, movie tickets, money, Indiana Jones, and I got a necklace that I just love! So spoiled!! Then we played with cousins, watched The Grinch, had dinner, baths, drove around looking at Christmas lights, had desert and came home.

Once home we set out stockings, tracked where Santa was, put out cookies and milk and tucked the kids in bed.

The next morning we got up early and opened presents.

Shaun got me a new Tissot watch that I love, along with clothes, lotions, a purse, Mama Mia, a CD, and a candle warming lamp! I was very spoiled! Don't mind the photo with no makeup!!! Notice all of our new jammies!!

Shaun's big present was Guitar Hero for the Wii. He got the whole band bundle with the drums and microphone too! He also got a really nice hoodie and some other goodies.

Tayson got Electronic Battleship, Lego's, Iron Man, a remote control helicopter, clothes, etc.

Haylie got princess toys, Tinkerbell toys, a Cabbage Patch doll, a tent, clothes, etc.
Santa definitely spoiled them this year!!

After we got dressed we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Copeland. Shaun and I got camping equipment! A cooler, a stove, etc. The kids each got a sleeping bag and a flashlight and other goodies! They also got Wall-e the movie! Much loved!! We had a delicious dinner and then headed home to play with our toys!

My very favorite moment of the whole day was right after we had opened presents from Santa and I was getting breakfast ready. My kids were playing so nice in Haylie's new tent! Here are a few pics...

This is my very favorite pic of the whole day! How cute is my little Haylie???



It was such a nice Christmas! We weren't rushed, or hurried, but just able to spend time together! A wonderful Christmas that goes down in the books as the best!



2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Oh, how fun! I can't believe how big Haylie is! She looks so different! I love the Jammies, too! Neve has the same ones! She loves them! IN fact, after she got them she wore them for 3 days strait! I kept putting clothes on her, but she wanted her Tinkerbell PJ's! Funny. And I love the crab story! How funny! I bet he loved it-- such a big boy to be responsible for a life, even such a tiny one! AND YOU ARE SO SKINNY! How much have you lost? I'm trying to get back into the swin of things for the New year, Halloween threw Christmas totally got me!

Carrie's Corner said...

Good to hear from you! Haylie is definitely a jammie girl! I can't keep clothes on her...she goes upstairs and gets on her jammies! So cute! Yes, the crab is fun! Tayson and Haylie both love him! He is quite entertaining! Thanks for saying I'm skinny! I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there. I've lost 33 pounds. Christmas has been bad, and I'm hoping I haven't gained any back!!! Oh well! It's time for me to get back on the wagon too! How was your Christmas and New Year?