Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Crazy Life

So, it's been awhile since I've updated this thing! Life has been crazy, frustrating, wonderful and wild in the past few weeks!
Since Shaun will be graduating this May,we have decided to get the whole family into the doctor for checkups. (Shaun is still threatening to fail a class and continue the torture of school..yeah right..as if Shaun knows how to get anything other than straight A's!! :0) He's even getting an award on Friday, although it isn't official, so I'll post more on that later. ) Anyway, back to the doctor thing. I went in for a small lump on my neck that I had been told was a calcium deposit, but it was growing. They referred me to an Ear, Nose, And Throat doctor for a consultation. Turns out it is a cyst. He had me come back to take it out, and back again to get the stitches out today. So, that was four appointments for one thing. Then, Shaun went for a checkup and was referred to another doctor also...that's another two appointments. Then Tayson's turn. He scared us with a diagnosis of Scoliosis, which turned out to be nothing on the x-ray. Thanks for the heart attack, doc!! He also has to go to the eye doctor tomorrow. One more appointment. Turns out he's going to follow in my footsteps and need glasses so young! I guess I should have planned on that one happening! Good thing that he's the cutest kid ever, and even more so with glasses. We'll have pics soon with his exam tomorrow and hopefully getting the glasses ordered too. We do get to "kill two birds with one stone" tomorrow, cuz I'm getting my eyes checked out too. So that's seven appointments, and one on the way tomorrow and then another on Tuesday, since Shaun needs new glasses too. So many doctor appointments, so little time. Can you say, "When it rains, it pours"?

Not to mention that Haylie has now reached the "terrible two's" and I can't stand to take her anywhere! So, I've had to get babysitters every time I go to the doctors. Thanks to everybody who has helped out with watching her! She has also reached a milestone....No More Binky! I know! I know! She is WAY too old to have one, and she only had it during nap time and bedtime, but we finally threw them away. She got to go to the store to pick out a toy as a reward. She picked out a little sea horse that lights up and plays music (much like a glowworm). She absolutely loved it at the store. Then I bring her home, and put her to bed. A fit follows..."I hate that horse! Get it out of my room! I want my BINKY!!" Lovely. Just lovely. I didn't give in. I took her sea horse out and shut the door without giving her the binky! She fell right asleep. When she woke up she spent hours loving her sea horse and telling me how much she loved it. But, when bedtime rolled around she told her daddy that the horse stays downstairs. Apparently, it will NOT replace the binky as her bedtime/nap time comfort. Oh..silly, strong-willed little girl. LOVE HER!!!

On another note...Valentine's Day was wonderful! Shaun let me sleep in, made breakfast for me and had the table all set nice with flowers, chocolates and a card in the middle. So sweet! Cupid then knocked on the door and ran away (since he is naked) and brought the kids a Valentine's treat and stuffed animal. Gotta love that Cupid! Then we dropped off the kids at my parents and went to Iggy's for lunch. Yummy! Then we came home and relaxed the rest of the night. All in all it was a very nice Valentine's day.

So, that's what has been happening in the Copeland family. A little chaotic, but we are loving (or at least trying to) every minute of it. It is definitely worth the crazy's to be a part of this wonderful family. My favorite moment today? Giving hugs, kisses and snuggles as I put my kids to bed. Knowing that they are taken care of, happy and loved. Favorite moment today to come? Hugs, kisses and snuggles as I end the day with my hubby. That's all that matters.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

WOW! that is a lot to be going on! Hey- since everyone needs new glasses, check out this site: http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

They have perscription glasses starting at $8, even kid glasses! I have ordered like 4 pair from here and LOVE IT! It even comes with a case. Totally cute, high quality, cheap, and SO much better than walmart glasses! Check it out!

Also- I totaly admire you for being binky free! Neve doesn't have a binky but breaks down whenever I hand her a sippy-- i'm trying to get her off bottles before she turns 2 next month. Oh- the drama! Be well and fill me in on the whole CA thing! Love ya!