Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"No Homework!"

So it's been awhile since I've updated, but life drones on in the same old day in and day out routines as always. We are busy with school!! Busy with kids!!! Busy with life! And loving it! I am no longer wishing away my days, but wishing for more hours in a day! What a change from the girl I was a few months ago! I'm enjoying feeling my brain expand...sometimes hurting it is expanding so much, but enjoying it none the less. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone, but it's getting a little cozier!

Haylie, I believe, is missing me a bit. She is really good to let me study for a bit and then she comes up to me, closes my book and says, "No homework, Mommy! Play with Haylie!" How can I resist that? She lets me know when my time is up and I'm usually grateful for the playtime with my bugs!

Tayson told me today that he liked Kindergarten better than first grade, because there was more time to play outside. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he had a LONG way to go! He'll adjust! He's doing very well on his homework and the tidbits forgotten over the summer have seemed to come back! He's my smartypants!!

Shaun has been amazing! Helping with kids, housework, homework and even grabbing takeout for dinner tonight, since I had just about had it. I was too tired to want to cook and clean up! What a sweetie! I'd be lost without him!

So...I'm loving my busy, hectic life and now I'm just trying to remember that sometimes it's time for "No Homework!"