Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to School!

Back to school...well.... hopefully! I have been accepted to USU, gone through the online new student orientation, talked to my advisor and decided what classes to take. Now we are waiting on financial aid. It's the story of my life...waiting on money! The fact that I applied 7 years ago as Carrie Dodge and I am now applying as Carrie Copeland seems to be confusing the crap out of them! Tomorrow I must go make an in person appearance and see if I can't get things going. I am a bit nervous about going back to school. It will be quite a juggling act to take care of kids, Tayson's homework, the house, laundry, dinner and all of those other little things that fall to me as the mom. Today, as I was on the phone with my advisor, discussing how many classes to take online, the kids were crying, screaming, fighting, and jumping off the bed. Very kindly my advisor advised me to take only two classes since it seemed that I already had my hands very full! I had to giggle and agree! I'm very antsy to get things going. Why couldn't I have had this brilliant idea to go to school about a month ago? Oh well, it will all work out, either this semester or next! Oh...I still have to buy books, too! So many things to do! So much excitement!

Tayson is starting school on Wednesday! I'm so excited! He definitely needs something productive to occupy his time rather than just pestering his little sister! The other night, driving home with Grandpa Dodge from visiting Tiff and Owen, Tayson was talking about going back to school and that he will miss his Kindergarten teacher since he is now in first grade. I told him that he'd have to give her hugs during recess. He then said, "I know! I'll give her a present because she liked teached us so good!" I had to giggle and say, "Oh yes! She teached you GOOD!" What a silly boy!

No comments: