Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sore, Tired, Excited, Cowboy Hats and Stink Bugs!

So...sore, tired and excited are the emotions of the day. Sore and tired because I've been good and actually gotten up at 5:00 am every morning this week to walk two miles. It makes for a long, sleepy day!

Excited for many reasons.

*One is that my workouts and diet are working....I'm getting smaller. I've lost 16 pounds this summer. It could have been more if I wouldn't have fallen off the wagon, but that's OK! I'll take what I can get!

*Two is that tonight I get to go shopping with one of my very favorite people for a new shirt. She is a dang hoot! I'm getting the shirt for Wendover...that's my third excitement.

*Three is that in two days I get to go play with my hubby and friends in Wendover. I've actually never been to Wendover. I find it funny that so many people have such drastic different opinions on the place! Some hate it, some love it! I guess I'll see soon enough for myself!

*Four is that when I go shopping tonight I'm going to get some stuff to do some red highlights in my hair. This makes me a bit more nervous than blond highlights, but what the heck...I'll live dangerously for a change! :0)


Today my goal is to find a cowboy hat for Tayson. My parents are taking him to a Rodeo on Friday and the other day Tayson worked up his cowboy accent and drawled, " Mom, I need a cowboy hat. Y'all can't go to a Rodaaaaaoooo without a cowboy hat!" So cute....so now I'm on a hunt for a hat. I'm hoping the dollar store will save me! And I'm hoping Tays has the time of his life at the Rodeo!

Last night, Wednesday, I went to my mom's to make a blanket. You see, I've been attached (more now as an adult than ever as a child) to my pink bunny blanket. It is now gray, holy and falling apart, and desperately needs to be retired to a closet! I recently bought some new bedding and some material that matches for a blanket. My mom and I had a REAL fun time trying to match corners and not look like fools in front of my dad who does upholstery for a living. The blanket is not perfect, and my good ole' dad had a few chuckles, but I just love it! THANK YOU, MOM! LOVE YOU!!!! It was so weird to go to my parents home without my kids. I don't think I've been there without them since they were born. I felt 15 again! It was nice to be able to chat with my parents and be able to relate to them on an adult level without being busy playing mom myself! They are wonderful people! Love you!

My little Haylie....oh..can you say "Terrible Two's"? OK..she's not too bad, just into everything. Just yesterday she pulled out all of her wet wipes one by one. Then she did a repeat performance on the new box of tissues. Then she dipped her play cup in the toilet and carried it around saying "I need a drink!" Eew! Eew! Eew! Then she gets my hairspray and silk therapy (expensive) and puts them in her hair. Where was I? you ask? Sleeping. I have to take a nap when she does since I'm getting up so early. This was all done in about 5 minutes time. And then, after we clean it up and have a little talk, she jumps in my lap, pets my check and gives me loves. What's a mommy to do? Cute little bug! Maybe a STINK BUG?????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, Haylie reminds me of her mother, ha ha ha. Your kids are getting so big. They are both cuties. I'll share a story about my children. While we were visiting thier grandparents, they asked if they could play downstairs with the tea set. When We went down to check on them, Hunter and Kaylee were sitting indian style round the toilet bowl sharing pleasentries and sipping their "tea". I hesitently asked where they got the water, and was told by Hunter in his matter of fact tone "From the toilet". Mmmmm...

love you guys,

LaNe'

Carrie's Corner said...

LaNe'!!!!! Hello! I just barely read your comment! (maybe I should try to figure out how to get notices when there is a comment!) I'm so jealous of your kids "tea party!" Just wish I would have been there to see it! Love you!
Carrie