Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Spirits Reunited






So yesterday, Monday, was a wonderful day. My good friend, Mel, came to visit that I haven't seen for two years! She's never even seen Haylie. It was so good for her to come up and visit! I've forgotten how much I really miss her! Time went too fast and we need to get together again soon! She looks so good and happy! Yea!! Her girls are absolutely adorable and so sweet!


My son Tayson and her oldest daughter, Berk, were the best of friends until my family moved three years ago. I remember Tayson crying for Berk for a long time after we were here. Then just a couple of months ago I asked Tayson if he remembered Berk and he said no! It made me so sad! So yesterday I asked him again and he said "Didn't we go to McDonald's with her?" Yes! Yes, we did!


Tayson was so excited for them to come and visit and when they pulled up he ran outside to greet them. They gave him the cutest stuffed dinosaur that they had bought for his birthday about two years ago! I can't believe they still had it! Tayson absolutely loves it! As our littlest girls were a bit shy and working on warming up to everyone, Berk and Tayson just started where they left off! It was like they had never been apart! Spirits reunited! It was the cutest thing to watch! Tears were shed after goodbyes!


Tayson slept with his dinosaur that he has named Snuggles. He told me that if Berkeley couldn't stay to snuggle and play with that the dinosaur would do. Then his eyes got huge, a smile lit up his face and he said, "I know, Mom! Why don't they move into the empty apartment next to us? That would be so much fun!" I told him I think they were going to stay where they were and once again....absolute heartbreak! It amazes me that after two plus years of not seeing her that he can be so attatched! We'll have to get together soon!
These pics are from Halloween 4 years ago! Cute little things, huh?


1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

How cute! I love the pictures! Tayson is so tiny, and such a ladies man! Cute.