Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wild in Wendover

OK....so maybe not so "wild", but definitely FUN!!!

Saturday, Shaun and I went to Wendover with some friends. I have never been there, and although it is tiny, it is big on good times!

There isn't much to do there besides gamble and drink. I've never been a big gambler, but I was able to learn a little Poker and Black Jack. My big take was on the penny slots. I won $16!! Can you believe it?? I'm rich! :0) Alright, all joking aside, we had a lot of fun! We ate lunch, played, walked around, had dinner, and played some more. We didn't get to back to our room till about 3:00 am and it was hard to settle down and get to sleep. We left our room in a sleepy daze and headed straight for Starbucks! OH JOY! OH BLISS! Then we started for the long ride home, with a lot of pit stops. We finally got home and as we were turning the knob to get in I heard "Momma! Momma!" Oh, it's good to be "Momma" and have those little arms around me again!

Tayson was able to go to the Rodeo with his grandparents while we were gone. We were able to find him a cowboy hat after only one store! Grandpa even caught him a t-shirt. He had a blast and today while driving in the car, listening to a song about a rodeo, Tayson says, "Mom? When can I go to a rodeo again? I really miss it!". Too cute!



On another note, summer is coming to an end and we are trying to squish in all the fun things we still want to do. Today we went to one of my best friend's house for lunch. She has kids about the same age and they love to play together. Then we went to the "Fun Park" to play on there soft play, which is almost like a McDonald's Playland, but bigger. My other friend from high school was there with her kids! So cute! It was nice to catch up after such a long time! The kids had so much fun and wore themselves out! They even got to play a few arcades and win some prizes! Hopefully they are so tired that it will be an early night..........

No comments: