Saturday, August 23, 2008

First of the First!



First Grade Here I Come!


Tayson started First Grade on Wed., Aug, 20th! He was so excited for school to start this year! We got ready, Tayson in his new school clothes (the backpack is a repeat of last year since it still looked bran new!) and headed out the door. Parents were invited to come for the first hour of school. So, Daddy stayed home with Haylie and I went with Tayson. We met his teacher, hung his backpack on his hook, found his cubby and mailbox, said hi to Grandpa Dodge's twin, Kevin, and even got a donut and Sunny D! Then we went back to class where he was supposed to color in his "Welcome To First Grade" coloring book. He got settled at a table and as I knelt down by him, he looks at me and says, "Get out of here, Mom! Love you!" Oh dear! If I weren't so ready for school to start it MIGHT have hurt my feelings! :0) As it was, I just said, "Love you too!" and skipped on home! FREEDOM!! OK, not completely since little sister, Haylie, was waiting at home, wondering where in the world her big brother had gone off to and wanting someone to play with, but freedom from fighting siblings! Yea!


It is so strange to have Tayson gone all day! I miss all the help he is to me and his company, but so far school is great! He loves his teacher, has friends in his class and even has TWO recesses where he is now allowed to play on ANY playground he wishes. Unlike Kindergarten where he could only play on one! He also thinks it is pretty cool to eat lunch at school with his friends! He reports the menu to us each day and so far has eaten everything on his plate each day.....or so he says!


Wow! First Grade! He sure is growing up fast!!!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Oh, how fun! He looks so grown up! I'm so glad he loves being back at school. Isn't it fabulous to get back into a routine again!??!

Carrie's Corner said...

Hey Mare! Thanks for commenting..you are the only one that does!!! HINT HINT EVERYONE!!

So how are you? Moved yet? Tayson is loving school. He is exhausted, but doing well. I started school on Monday. I need to update my blog about it so all can see. Crazy Life!!! Love you!